This prestigeous historic house was built in the middle of 1700 by the noble family Spineda De Cattaneis following the designs of Architect Francesco Maria Preti and completed by the Architect Giovanni Miazzi. It is an elegant Palladian with annexes villa fully immersed in 10 hectares of garden and just 30 minutes from Venice. The noble families used the villa as their country house until the end of the last century when the Villa was sold to a famous Venetian firm that completely renewed and restored by architects Afra e Tobia Scarpa. They consolidated the structural part, recovered architectural friezes, frescos and realized high quality finishes and systems. The 5500 square meters property is composed of different buildings: Villa, colannades (East and West), canteen, ex bakery building, ex greenhouse building, porter’s lodge, technical room and the conference room in a 5000 square meter basement.
The 2000 sqm Villa has a rectangular plan which developes on 3 floors above ground in addiction to the attic. It has many architectural element typical of the Palladianism such as the staircase which connects the park with an open gallery at the piano nobile, the Chorintian columns which support the tympanum of the open gallery, the gable and segmental arch windows, the large statues and the jars. The finest finishes of the entire Villa are at the “piano nobile” where the floor is the venetian floor called terrazzo with polychrome decorations , the walls and the ceilings are decorated with stucco and geometric or floral patterns. The piano nobile includes the most prestigious rooms of the whole Villa, such as the huge party room, the reading room with its walls covered with damask, the dining room and some minor rooms. The ground floor is characterized by the ex Trophy room with Egyptian decorations and includes the utility rooms; on the second floor the large bedrooms with their private bathroom and large dressing rooms.
The 2200 square meters colonnades next to the Villa, once used for the storage of the agricultural products and as the dwelling of the peasants, develop on 3 floors above ground on a rectangular plan. The Colonnades are characterized by the two large open galleries that occupy the central part of the two main facades overlooking the park and rising the first floor: three wide opening marked with pilasters and semicolumns which support semicircular archs with cross vaults and external finishes of great value. High quality also for the interior finishes. Every room can be used as hobbies room, reception room, office and security room.
Minor buildings at the border of the park occupy 1300 square meters.
The 5000 square meters conference room could be also used as a covered riding area or wellness center and sporting center. Utilities and systems are in excellent conditions and the security as well.
Property Features Include: 5 Fireplace(s), Gated Entry, yes, tes, no, Separate Guest Quarters, more than 300 cars in the park
Views Include: Hills, Sunrise, Sunset, Park, Mountain
Amenities Include: golf club, bike trails, equestrian facilities, walking trails
Lot Dimensions: 10 ectares