Today's Marienthal Castle has its origins in a nunnery. Bruno von Langenbogen, Bishop of Naumburg founded in 1291 near the city Eckartsberga the nunnery Marienthal. In 1525 the Cistercian nuns left the monastery. In 1535 it was inhabited only by a nun and 1539 officially repealed. At the beginning of the 17th century, Marienthal became privately owned, in the hands of Krosigk, von Thünau, Bielstein, Münchhausen etc.... In 1730 the family Münchhausen built the new castle on the bare height and determined it to noble lady pin. 1742 got the family Seebach Marienthal in possession. By marriage of the daughter Anna with Karl von Wilmowsky Marienthal 1893 sole possession of Wilmowsky. In 1910, the family had the architect Paul Schulze-Naumburg build a new facility with a castle, after 1945, the entire complex was used as a children's nursery. Due to its poor structural condition, the palace was partially demolished to the basement ceiling in the 1950s, which today lacks the historic and architectural center of the otherwise largely authentically preserved complex. In 1996, the Schreiber family acquired the castle. Extensive investments restored the existing lock parts. In total, about 2,500.00 € were invested. Today, the buildings are on a park-like plot with an area of approximately 50,000m² with pond. Since 1999, the buildings have been used as holiday apartments or rooms for celebrations and conferences and partly also as a wellness hotel with sauna, whirlpool and solarium. During the festivities, the castle is available to the organizers on request. The extensive accommodation facilities ensure the success of the celebrations and the meetings. In the well-kept ambience with spacious rooms, guests can relax and pursue their hobbies. The castle is in very good building substance.
Built in: 1913