This beautiful detached Grade II Listed property is set in the heart of Denham Village, and holds an important place in the history of the village. Dating originally from 1721 and endowed by Sir William Bowyer, the property was originally a Charity School, as signalled by the stone inscription, which remains to this day above the threshold. Inside, the house has a variety of splendid original features, such as exposed timber beams and brick-built fireplaces, with the accommodation totalling almost 3,000 square feet and including six bedrooms. The ground floor has a spacious thirty foot sitting and dining area, with...a triple aspect, including French doors opening onto the garden. There is also a comfortable drawing room and a formal dining room, both of which have brick-built corner fireplaces, one of which has a woodburning stove. The kitchen has attractive wooden units to base and wall level, as well as integrated appliances and space for a breakfast table. Upstairs there are six bedrooms, five of which are doubles, including the generous dual-aspect principal bedroom, with its large en suite bathroom. Three of the further bedrooms have fitted storage, while the first floor also has a family bathroom. The house occupies a highly desirable position alongside the historic village church, with the entrance found alongside the entrance to the church itself. The gravel driveway leads to the front of the house and provides plenty of parking space, as well as access to the detached garage and an integrated garage, for further parking and storage space. The extensive walled rear garden measures more than 300ft in length, and include paved terracing and pathways, immaculate lawns and an array of established shrubs, hedgerows and mature trees.
Continue Reading Show Less