Historic Grade Ii* Listed Manor House In The Sought-After Evenlode ValleyAscott-under-Wychwood, Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
Historic Grade II* Listed Manor House in the sought-after Evenlode Valley. Reception hall, four reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room, larder, two cloakrooms, downstairs bathroom, utility/boot room, Cider room and former Dairy (unconverted) Up to eight bedrooms (two unconverted), two bathrooms, attic rooms in addition. Large barn incorporating stables, recording studio, workshops and storage. Attached single storey party barn/office, tractor shed and further barns, Granary. Extensive gardens and grounds including a lake and long river frontage. In all 42.62 acres.
Manor Farm (Grade II* Listed) stands within the bailey of the castle of Ascott d’Oiley, which was built c 1129 - 1150. Named after Robert d’Oilly,...
The current house is largely of 16th and 17th century origins with numerous features synonymous with the period but including an early 13th century window surround thought to have been part of a private chapel. The house has been owned by the same family for 40 years and as such its sale offers a once-in-a-generation opportunity to acquire this exceptional home. The layout can be seen on the floor plan and renovation is required. There is good sized accommodation over two floors with a substantial wing to its western end, offering potential to enlarge, subject to the necessary consents. The property is approached via a long drive (over which Manor Barn also has a right of way) which opens into a large and beautiful courtyard, with the Manor House to the south. To the north and east there is a substantial range of period stone barns, one of which is particularly large and impressive. There is also an Grade II listed Elizabethan Granary. There are formal partly walled gardens to the south of the house, with the ancient Motte just to the east. The land, much loved by the current owners, is a haven for wildlife, with numerous mature trees, and a lake, all focused on conservation. There is a public footpath which runs down the drive and then heads north to cross the river. The property enjoys a lengthy stretch of the southern bank of the river Evenlode.
Continue Reading Show Less