Modern homes on larger usable acreage are a rare offering within the long established and beautiful Burra Valley. This four bedroom plus study (or fifth bedroom), homestead is absolutely gorgeous. "Impressive" starts at the front auto gate, with the visually stunning long tree lined sealed driveway, leading up to the house paddock gate. "Scribbly Gums" sits at the base of the hill here, a sheltered spot, yet enjoying fabulous expansive rural views across the Burra Valley.
A circular driveway puts you at the front covered patio, and the formal entry with its double doors and wide foyer providing a warm welcome to...
this home. From here you can access the lounge/media room with its auto projector and screen with sound system, or the home office. Move through the foyer and head to the Master bedroom suite or right to the open modern kitchen overlooking the dining area, conservatory and adjoining family room. Quality stainless steel appliances and stone bench tops are a feature here. Storage is not a problem with ample cabinetry and Butler's Pantry, a must have in any country home.
Built to the owners' specifications, the home has a natural flow floor plan, generous spaces and bedrooms, plus internal access to the massive oversize twin double garages with auto panel lift doors and adjacent large workshop or storeroom. Entertaining family and friends here is a breeze under the Vogue Pergolas, providing the perfect space to enjoy barbecues and the wood fired pizza oven, whilst enjoying the expansive country vista.
Burra offers an easy commute to Canberra, Queanbeyan and the close by Googong Township via the Burra Road and Old Cooma Roads.
* Excellent grazing and scattered bush block with spectacular views
* 43 metre long, home, 4 bedrooms plus home office/5th bedroom
* Large master suite with double-sided walk-in robe and large ensuite featuring therapeutic spa, twin vanities
* 3 bedrooms with ample BIR storage
* Combined lounge media room
* Modern kitchen with quality cabinetry, s/s appliances and walk in butler's pantry
* Main bathroom with spa
* Media room with built in automatic projector and screen, including sound system and computer
* 2 x reverse cycle air cons with zoning and twin instantaneous gas hot water systems
* 2 x oversized double garages
* Large storage room and walk-in cool room
* Electric roller shutter on all windows and doors
* Whole house water filtration system plus on sink filter
* Entertaining area with triple Vogue Pergola covering, outdoor kitchen with BBQ, pizza oven
* 2.7 meter ceilings and ducted vacuum
* 10kw solar panels and 27kw twin Tesla Powerwall batteries with backup power
* 189000L water tank and 875000L annual water entitlement with taps to house and garden
* 180 square meter shed with drive through access
* Three paddocks, large 450 square meter chook run and coop
* Fruit tree orchard - apricot, peach, apple, plums, hazelnuts, thornless blackberry, etc
* Automatic gates, drive lined with 80 mature grafted Manchurian pear trees, stunning spring and autumn display
* Discount high-speed internet through hosted POP, high end wireless weather station with indoor base station, three-phase power and Cat6 network cabling
House Built: 2009
Living Size: 380 square meters (approximately)
Land Size: 14.99 hectares (37 acres)
Rates: $1,701pa (approx.)