One of Ann Arbor's landmark properties, this grand mansion was constructed in 1917 of hand-hewn quarried granite in the Swiss Chalet style. Past the wide front terrace is a home of gracious proportions. Steel casement windows lend natural light to the rooms. The large living room has a fireplace, oak floors and high ceilings defined by wide moldings. French doors open to a three-season room with the distinctive stone wall along one side. The formal dining room with fireplace, is served by a butler's pantry and large kitchen. On the second floor are four bedrooms, including an expansive master suite...with fireplace, sleeping porch, and bath. The third floor has the fifth and sixth bedrooms, two baths, and a library. The property was acquired by a church in 1946, whereupon a building was added as a parsonage. Later, mid-century architect George Brigham designed a large addition to the main house. More recently, the home became a bed and breakfast. The parsonage was transformed with a sitting and seven bedroom suites, each with a fireplace and bath. The original carriage house became a private guest cottage. There are a total of three buildings. In an extraordinary location close to all Ann Arbor has to offer.
Continue Reading Show Less