One of Savannah's most residential squares, Pulaski's live oaks architecturally frame this ward's central feature which you can view from the front stoop and balcony of this home. Built by John Sturdevant in 1846, it is a rare example of a free-standing masonry home built south of Liberty Street before 1850. it was the first home to front the new square, and then was one of the first homes renovated in the 1960s. Renovation included adding the pink Georgia granite that graces the front steps and stoop today. On a double lot, the western side garden features Camellias. The south facing courtyard features a heated salt-water pool. Covered, off street parking with access to the three level elevator is a coveted feature on the east side. Other significant features include 12' ceilings, Mahogany banisters, Egyptian black and gold marble mantles that grace the classic double parlor, and plaster ceiling medallions. The home features a new kitchen with quartz countertops and stainless steel appliances.
In a city full of good addresses, this is among the best, central to shopping, dining and entertainment. Currently a vacation rental powerhouse with two licenses, it could also be a show-stopping single family home, retaining the best of the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries.
Property Features Include: 3 Fireplace(s), in-ground pool, two-car carport, electric central cooling, electric central heating system
Amenities Include: heated saltwater pool
Built in: 1846
Approximate Square Feet:
Roof: composition roof.
Lot Acres: 0.14