Check out the New Home of the Future
In London, News Corp. and ad tech company Unruly have just unveiled a 2,000 square foot "Home of the Future."
What does the new “Home of the Future” include?
- A wardrobe that matches your outfit to the weather forecast.
- An online shopping assistant who knows you well enough to purchase new products for you.
- Art that adjusts itself to your mood.
- A kitchen that tells you what to cook based on what's in your fridge
- A hallway that says hello
- An alarm clock that both wakes you up and puts you to sleep
- A bathroom scales that also test your blood pressure
- A robot cat that meows on cue.
- In the kitchen
- Give your AI system a budget and a license to search for deals from different brands and supermarkets
- A fridge that talks you through every step of a recipe and then alerts the family when dinner's ready
Of course, much of the technology is voice-activated and the Future Home is equipped with state-of-the-art security systems, virtual reality and augmented reality screens and headsets and more.
Take a virtual tour of the home here
If you’d rather see it in person, it will be a permanent fixture at Unruly's London office and a pop-up version will be installed at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity next month. Another temporary version has been set up at Unruly's New York office.